Monday, April 19, 2010

Thing 18

Found a great presentation about "25 tools" from the web which, with the exception of Slideshare, are not repeats of the ones we are learning in "23 Things"! That means MORE things to look into and learn! It's really mind-boggling what is available!
Professionally, I like the idea that there are many presentations out there ready to go, but there are so many! It might be faster to create and store my own that I'm sure will cover specific GLCE's. I can definitely get some great ideas from the site! I think the most useful part of this tool is its ability to store presentations - either mine or those of students. My presentations would be safe from computer mishaps and available all the time in one spot, accessible anywhere there's internet. My students have had a horrible time trying to save presentations on flash drives, so this would be a great alternative!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are a believer. I love the presentation idea. Making your own and saving them for future use is a great idea. There are so many to borrow also. Storing your students presentations and using them as examples would be worthwhile too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I need to check this slideshow out. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete